(Last edited 02/12/17)
MemoryBox Privacy Statement
This Policy explains how your personal information is collected, used, and disclosed via the website http://memorybox.com (the “Site”) and our services via our Applications (the “Apps”) (collectively, we refer to the Apps and all the Site as the “Service”) operated by MemoryBox and Mnemania, Inc. We want you to enjoy your time on MemoryBox and not worry that your privacy is being abused.
We collect information about you in various ways when you use the Service. We collect personal information you provide to us. For example, we collect your name, email address, password, and other information you provide us via the Service. We also collect credit card numbers and other payment information if you purchase our products via the Service and/or third-party apps. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect via the Service.
When you visit our Site, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Site your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our site are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity via the Service.
Device Information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re accessing the MemoryBox service through, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
Local Shared Objects. We may use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences such as volume control or to display content based upon what you view on our Site to personalize your visit. Third-party partners provide certain features on our Site and display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity using Flash cookies to collect and store information.
Please be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose who to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public. If you share information about others, we suggest you get consent for any information you may share about them. In other words before you put up that picture of your sister mooning your family at your wedding, take a moment and think.
USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use personal information collected via the Service for purposes described in this Policy. For example, we may use your information to:
- Operate and improve our Site, Apps, products, and services;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Site, Apps, products, and services;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Provide and deliver products and services you request;
- To send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about new contests, promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by MemoryBox and our selected partners;
- Link or combine it with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
MemoryBox may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- With your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies;
- With third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work;
- In connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
We may also share aggregated or deidentified information.
WHAT ABOUT CHILDREN?
MemoryBox is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We value you as a MemoryBox Member, and we take all reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account(s) or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information including requests to opt out of sharing your personal information with third parties by emailing [email protected].
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Service.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above.